Materials You Will Need
In order to deliver the lessons in this summer school curriculum, you will need the following resources.
- Letterland Phonics Online (LPO) (Meet the Letterlanders and Cards Tool)
- Word Detective Sentences (pdf downloads reference in each lesson)
- Guide to Quick Coding (pdf)
- 6 Syllable Types Bookmark (pdf)
- Reading Direction Sign (pdf)
- Letterland Picture Code Cards (PCC) or Letterland Phonics Online (LPO) Cards Tool
- Flip Flap Phonics 2*
- G2 Teacher’s Guide (recommended)
- Vowel Scene Posters (recommended)
- Six Syllable Types Poster (recommended)
*If you don't have a physical copy of Flip Flap Phonics, skip the part of the lessons called ONSET and RIME.
Recommended PD Videos to Watch Before Teaching
Letterland uses research-based teaching strategies so if you are not familiar with them we'd recommend taking some time to watch these short videos:
Whether you are teaching in-person, virtual or hybrid we've designed the lessons to be quick to prepare and implement! Here are some key features:
- List of materials and resources to prepare at the start of each lesson
- Hyperlinks to specific resources to save on prep time
- Whole Group - 30 mins of instruction (can be supplemented from Teacher's Guide if needed)
- Small Group - 15 mins of instruction (can be supplemented from Teacher's Guide if needed)
- Blue text: Words that teacher might say to children.
- “Bold text with quotation: Words that children say”
- Bold text: Words or letters that may be used in an activity or explanation.